Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, January 10, 2009

Family Dinner OUT

My children do not make the best dinner companions. Braden does not like to eat much, and Kendall can't because we're not sure if she's outgrown her milk allergy. That being said, Braden has done well eating a variety of (although not healthy) foods this week, and we're pretty sure Kendall can eat noodles anywhere. We decided it was time to try going out to eat. Don't get me wrong, we do order food or go pick up foods from restaurants, but we RARELY ever eat at a restaurant. The last time we ate out was before we picked pumpkins in October, and I can't remember the time before that! We packed up the kids and drove to Red Robin. We figured we can't go wrong in a loud, kid-friendly place like that...plus we had two free kids' meals. When you're not sure if your kids are actually going to eat any of the $5 kids meal, a gift certificate is a huge bonus. We talked it over with Braden before we went and explained we were going to eat AT the restaurant. He was baffled by this, but went along with it. We were seated in the middle of two other tables, but I think this may have helped to keep the kids in their seats. I am proud to announce that no one was killed during the dinner and Dustin and I were both able to eat our food while it was still hot! I'm not saying we're going to start doing this all the time, but this was a HUGE step for us. Watch out restaurants...here we come (occasionally)! I was so proud I took pictures to document that this actually happened.





2 comments:

Tori said...

LOL! Congratulations on your success!

Jaycie and Randy said...

YEAH!! I feel you girl!! We hit our second resturant this week on Saturday night!! I am starting to remember how much I like actually leaving the house:) Congrates!!