Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, January 17, 2009

Turning 4

I find it hard to believe that on Tuesday Braden will turn four. It seems like yesterday I was taking the test to find out if I was pregnant. The months flew by while we wondered if we were having a boy or a girl. His due date came and went (he was showing his stubborn side already!). I remember going to Wal-Mart the day after my due date, and the checker asked me when I was due. I grouchily replied, "Yesterday." The date of my induction came, and lo and behold, I went into labor before we were to arrive for the induction (independent side, too). I labored for nearly 10 hours (2 of that was pushing) and had a beautiful, baby boy. How the years have flown!

God could not have blessed me with a more intelligent, energetic, independent, loving son. He is (and always has been) a momma's boy. He loves to laugh and play, sometimes when he should be sleeping. He turns those huge, brown eyes on me and I melt. He can be stubborn (like his momma), but he can also be so generous. As much as I complain about him sneaking into our bed, it seems strange how often I awake to find him curled up next to me, unsure of how he got there, but fitting like we are from the same mold. I have enjoyed watching him grow over the past four years, and I look forward to watching him grow even more in the years to come. I know my life would be less complete without him.

So, Happy Birthday to Braden. He will always be my baby, even though he insists that he has to grow up to be big and strong like his daddy.

















3 comments:

Jaycie and Randy said...

Very sweet!! I can believe he is FOUR!! Happy birthday Braden!

Tori said...

I'm crying happy bittersweet tears for you! Happy Birthday Braden!!

Anonymous said...

That kid is cute (just like his daddy)!