Near the end of October, we traveled to Wichita, KS to be a part of our long-time friend's wedding. Jeff has been around since our SIUE days...around 12 years or so. He was a part of our big day over 10 years ago, so it was fitting that we'd travel that LONG, BORING journey across Missouri and half of Kansas to be a part of his! I've never been past Kansas City, MO (that I can remember...and I'm not counting when I was a baby and traveled to Colorado to visit Pike's Peak), so I wasn't exactly prepared for the nothingness that is Kansas. I experienced a toll road for the first time, and Dustin was a trooper and drove most (okay, the entire) way. We left on Friday morning (Thanks Mimi and Papa for watching the kids!!) and arrived that evening in time for checking in, changing clothes, and attending the rehearsal and dinner at a yummy restaurant that I couldn't tell you the name of. The next day was pretty relaxing since the wedding was in the evening. We slept in (a very rare occasion for us), went to breakfast, went for a walk, lounged around the hotel, and Dustin headed off around 2:00 to start the wedding festivities. I enjoyed some very rare "alone time" until the wedding that evening. We had a great time at the wedding and reception! We attended church at the Cathedral in downtown Wichita and then headed home. It was a LONG drive, but we were home by 6:30 to relieve Mimi and Papa (who were quite worn out from taking care of our kids for three whole days!).
 |
| This was from the photo booth at the reception. It was SO much fun!! If I could have another reception, I would totally have one of these there!! |
 |
| At the fountain outside of the hotel. |
 |
| My turn for a photo op. |
 |
| On the river walk there was a veteran's memorial. Dustin chose this spot to have his picture taken. |
 |
| The Keeper of the Plains |
 |
| The "Wives Club" as we so cleverly named ourselves ;) |
 |
| Dustin and Bubba (Ray as he is usually referred to by everyone but us). |
 |
| We partied the night away! |
 |
| Enjoying stinky cigars. Did I mention they were stinky?? |
1 comment:
Looks like a fun wedding, and a much needed weekend away!
Post a Comment