Each night when we sit down to read before bed, Braden notices the fireflies outside. He VIVIDLY remembers catching some with his Mimi and Papa when he was camping. After promising him we would catch some, I had to find a jar. Luckily I am not good at cleaning out my fridge and I had some pickles that had a date with the garbage can. While the kids took their tubby, I tossed out the rotten pickles, rinsed out the jar, and put some air holes in the lid of the jar so the bugs could breathe. Kendall wanted nothing to do with the "firebugs" as she calls them so she was happy to watch from the living room. When Braden and I went out, the birds seemed very loud and active in our trees. We are guessing maybe they wanted to eat the bugs we were trying to catch? Anyway...we were able to catch a few and then (luckily) Daddy came home and helped Braden catch a few more. Here are some pictures of the lucky bugs who came to live with us for about 24 hours before meeting their maker!
Kendall watching "firebugs"

So proud of his catches.

Telling the bugs to say "cheese"

A close up of the bugs
No comments:
Post a Comment