Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Neighborhood 4th of July Party...No, not in our neighborhood!!

Historically, we have been out of town for the 4th of July, but since our family has grown by leaps and bounds, we have outgrown my parents' camper and boat. That's not really an option anymore, so starting last year we stayed local for the holiday. We called up Sarah and Scott to ask what their plans were for Monday. The filled us in on their neighborhood block party that was being held that day. We arrived at their house around 2ish and then headed to the BBQ around 4. The weather was HOT and humid. We brought plenty of stuff to manage the kids, but the brief downpour that occurred kind of put a kink in our plans. We all hung out in the garage of a friend's house for the rainiest part and when it finally let up we set up shop again. The kids had fun and the adults were able to hang out some. Avery had the hardest time, but we lasted all the way to the fireworks. Kendall cried through most of those. I swear it took me all week to recover from the exhaustion I felt from that outing! But I look back at it with fondness!

My HOT baby had to strip down to her diaper.

Randy feeding Milli

Who knows what these guys are up to!

More sassiness

A firecracker on Olivia the firecracker ;)

Who gave these boys the sugar sticks????

I told them they better hurry up and smile or I'd take a million pictures.  That whipped them into a photo op pretty quickly!


Sarah and Scott

Kendall reading her (Olivia's) Bible.  She was very religious on Independence Day!

Miss Milli hanging out!

Jaycie and Randy

The hubs and me!

1 comment:

Jaycie and Randy said...

Our neighborhood does ROCK!!! Maybe you should move here... I'm just saying!! It was an awfully fun party, hope to repeat next year!!