Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, January 17, 2011

We're So Crafty

Braden and Kendall are very interested in crafty activities.  I let them paint on one of their recent snow days.  They really enjoy this, but it makes me a little crazy since they aren't really that clean when it comes to paint.  These aren't watercolors, either.  They are real (non washable) paints!


I tried to rotate, but it wouldn't cooperate.  This is a picture Braden painted of Luke Skywalker, Yoda, and Darth Vader.

Again, rotation failed.  This is Kendall's picture.  When I asked her what it was, she looked at me as though I was off my rocker.  "Momma, it's a purple rock, a pink rock, and a red rock."  I guess I should have known :)

We also recently finished reading our first chapter book entitled The Strange Case of Origami Yoda.  Some of it was a little beyond Braden's understanding since it was about 6th graders, but he got the gist of the plot.  At the end of the story there are directions for making your very own Origami Yoda.  We decided to take that project on this morning on our day off of school.

Braden with his book and his treasured Origami Yoda

"Like me you do."

1 comment:

Jaycie and Randy said...

Very good!! Jack can't wait to get this book back and give it a try!