My room - the work in progress. I will still have more work to do when I return, but this looks 1,000 times better that when I started!
Emilia and Avery - twinkies! Jaycie helped me A LOT by volunteering a couple of times to watch my older ones for a few hours while Avery and I worked in my room.
Now that we have two girls, I find myself wanting to dress them alike or coordinating. I'm going to do it now, because I'm sure soon enough Kendall won't want to dress like Avery. I've only been able to coordinate Braden once, so I documented it by taking a picture. I'm sure that will happen again in the future (if I can help it)!
We also had to say good-bye to our beloved pet Holly. She had been a part of our family since the day Dustin and I moved into our house. He was busy unloading the trailer, and Mom and I went to get Holly from the shelter. With the addition of Avery, Holly was feeling a little stressed out. She began peeing at the bottom of the stairs to show us how distressed she was feeling. So after 8 years of living with us, Holly had to find a new home. Thankfully, my parents took her in. That being said, Holly is still MIA somewhere in the fields outside of Brighton. I don't think she liked the "country life." The kids don't know it yet. They still think they'll see Holly when we go to Mimi and Papa's house. I'm not sure how we'll tell them, but I guess we'll cross that bridge when we get there!
Melissa (aka Aunt Lissa) is a great bow maker and bow board constructor. The girls and I are very lucky that she is so talented. We get to be the recipients of her great work! Here is the bow board she made for Avery. It is painted in "sugarplum" which is what I usually call my kids, so it was meant to be!





No comments:
Post a Comment