Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, June 26, 2009

Playing Around Town

Yesterday I took the kids to the free movie being shown at the theater in Fairview Heights. They have a great summer movie program where they show previously released "family friendly" movies for free on a first come first served basis. I thought this would be the best way to introduce Kendall to the movies. She has sat through countless movies at our house and in our basement when we have "Family Movie Night" and turn down the lights, but she's never experienced a REAL movie. So, out we went to the theater to see Kung Fu Panda. This was actually the first movie Braden ever saw in the theater when it was released last year. The kids did really well. I had forgotten Kendall's binkie in the car. She only takes it for naps and bedtime, but I was going to bring it in just in case. There were a few times I wished I had it...and I'm sure some of the other moviegoers did too! All in all it was a good trip. I'm glad Kendall and Braden had a good time and maybe we'll see what's playing in the next few weeks. You can't beat a free movie and air conditioning!


Kendall was REALLY excited.


Braden just wanted to look at her. Who can blame him? She is cute!


I know I'm very spoiled because I have a cleaning lady. Our wonderful "Miss Doris" comes and cleans every other week. In the school year this is not a problem because we are all gone during the day when she comes. During the summer, this presents a problem. We have to try to stay out of the way while she cleans...and I have to try to not feel guilty about a 70 year-old woman doing work that I am completely able to do myself! Anywho. Jaycie said we could crash at her place for the morning. We packed up and headed over today to play in the cool a/c. The boys played with every Ninja Turtle and Power Ranger toy Jackson has and then played on the "puter" (aka the COMputer). The girls enjoyed playing princess dress up. We sure do have some girly-girls on our hands! Here are just a few snapshots of the girls in their princess dresses.


Kendall as Snow White complete with a crown and shoes (although you can't see them in this picture).


Olivia the Pink Princess (We'll call her Aurora) and Kendall as Snow White

Olivia showing off her Princess Aurora shoes.

1 comment:

Jaycie and Randy said...

FUN DAY!! I love that they dressed up!! Since Kendall wore the Snow White dress, that Liv was less than interested in...I think I should definatly get the rest of the princess!! Gotta give the gals options:)