Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Mom Rocket

That's what I'm calling our new (or at least new to us) minivan. I've always thought it would be a sad day when I would have to drive a minivan, but since I found out that we were going to have a third Baby Riechmann, I've been looking forward to this purchase. We have been searching online since the summer trying to narrow down our choices. We decided that we really liked the 2009 Nissan Quest. It's pretty cool looking as far as minivans go. We had a hard time finding used ones in this area for a good price. This past Sunday we found one that seemed to good to be true. It had most of the features I was looking for and the price that Dustin had been dreaming of. Go figure. We headed out on Sunday to test drive it. We loaded the kids into the Stratus (since that would be our "trade in") and headed to South County. When we had looked at it online it had said the color was "burgundy," which I wasn't really pumped about. However, when we drove up, I quickly realized it wasn't at all what I had envisioned. I loved it. And the real color is called "Tuscan Sunset Metallic." We put the carseats in and drove it up and down the road and decided it was what we wanted. The salesman happened to be driving to Edwardsville the next day (fate?) and would bring us the van and take the car back with him. The kids were sad that we couldn't take it home that day, but glad to know that they would be able to ride in it on the way home from school on Monday. I must say that I am loving every part of it, especially the power sliding door. What a great invention! I look forward to breaking it in and putting yet another car seat in the back in just a few short months! Braden offered to help me take a few pictures of it, but it was kind of dark. I'm sure you get the jist of it...

The van in our driveway. Complete with a sidewalk chalk railroad track beside it.

I thought turning the flash off would help. It didn't.

Braden showing off our favorite part...the power sliding door!


Braden in the "far" back as he likes to call it.

1 comment:

Jaycie and Randy said...

Braden loves that van!! It would be such a "darn it" if you didn't have it ;) Gotta post ours...G'ma wants to see it!