Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Disney on Ice

We try to go to at least one family show a year, usually in the late winter or early spring. Last year we enjoyed Sesame Street Live and decided to try an ice show this year. I registered Braden for Kindergarten that day (tear) and then quickly headed home to give the kids baths and head to Applebee's for dinner with the Rodgers Family. The kids did a great job eating (slightly unusual) and then we drove over to STL for the show. The kids really enjoyed the skaters. Kendall loved the princesses (of course) and Braden liked Buzz Lightyear the best. We were able to leave the show without breaking the bank. They sure do a hard sell on some of those toys! Talk about expensive souvenirs! When we got back to the car I felt like something wasn't right. I quickly checked my purse (which I had left in the car between the two carseats and under some blankets) and found that my wallet was not where I thought I had left it. When I opened it up, I found that my credit and debit cards were gone! Dustin thought I had misplaced them, but I knew someone had stolen them. We decided to cancel the cards anyway just in case. The next day, in the sunlight, I found that someone had indeed broken in to the car by sticking something up under the door handle and pushing the lock in. Thankfully, the robbers didn't take anything else. It's still an eerie feeling to know that some creepy person was in my car looking through my stuff. Anyway...all is well that ends well. No harm done. Insurance will pay to have the truck's lock fixed and I received my new cards in the mail yesterday. It was quite the exciting family bonding experience.



My cuties before the show.

Daddy and Braden cheesing it up.

Say "I'm getting robbed!"

Grand Finale

2 comments:

Jaycie and Randy said...

Love the "getting robbed" pic!! Funny! Not at the time, but now... Glad to finally read about the fam. Going through withdrawls...:)

Tori said...

I had to laugh at that caption too although not really funny! How horrible!