It has been a slow process, but we have been trying to update our upstairs a little at a time. After we had the carpets cleaned, I was looking at the empty room and the stuff on the walls and got the urge to change it up a little. Our living room doesn't leave many options as far as seating arrangements, but the walls were a fairly easy fix. We took down the OLD picture of the kids we don't know walking by the beach and the crocheted sign, as well as the quilt rack and every cow or country themed decoration in the house. After that, the walls looked really bare. We made a trip to Garden Ridge on Saturday afternoon to try to buy some newer, more neutral wall art. We were successful, but that just made us want to replace a lot more stuff! Dustin and I went around the house and touched up spots on the wall, which made the house look MUCH better. Hopefully our visitors hadn't noticed the dings in the paint as much as we did. We had already replaced light fixtures in most of the rooms, but we hope to revamp the kitchen a little and possibly replace a few of the ceiling fans and bathroom fixtures. Time (and desire) will tell what improvement comes next. For now, enjoy the new, updated look of the Riechmann living room. Come by and see it in person if you are in the area!
Not a particularly impressive wall, but I was just taking note of the cowless decor.
New picture and sconces.

A hot guy painting my wall.

The new picture that replaced our quilt rack. It was a PAIN to hang. I nearly had a heart attack watching Dustin stand on a ladder on the stairs. Braden kept asking why I was so scared. He obviously doesn't know the danger of hanging wall art.
1 comment:
Looks great, your blogging fool!!
Post a Comment