Hard to believe that Dustin and I have been married for 10 years and together for almost 16! It has been a wonderful journey and I couldn't ask for more...we have been truly blessed! To celebrate, we took a little "staycation" (thanks to Mimi and Papa) and spent a weekend in Saint Louis. We stayed downtown and took in the sights we rarely get to see with our kids. We visited the botanical gardens, toured the brewery, ate at lovely restaurants, went to bars on Washington Ave, gambled away our money, and attended Sunday Mass alone!! We very much enjoyed our time together, but we were ready to get back to reality...hotel living isn't for us!
 |
| At Ruth's Chris Steakhouse. GREAT food! They knew it was our anniversary so they brought out a dessert, but we had already ordered one with our meal. Dustin ate them both! |
 |
| He couldn't stop himself :) |
 |
| I made him sit on this couch since it was purple and matched his purple shirt. |
 |
| The view from our second room. We asked to be moved so we could have a queen bed instead of two doubles. When we were first married we could have slept in a twin, but 10 years later we need more room :) |
 |
| Planning our day and enjoying some starbucks from the hotel lobby. |
 |
| At the Botanical Gardens. |
 |
| Playing in the kids area. I wouldn't do this rope bridge... |
 |
| I was forced to do this one so we could continue exploring! |
 |
| Aww...so cute! |
 |
| Hideous fish in the Japanese Garden. |
 |
| Maze by the original Shaw home. |
 |
| Attempting self photography. Fail. |
 |
| Overlooking the maze. |
 |
| My turn! |
 |
| I love this picture. This was also one of my favorite things at Gardens. |
 |
| Dustin's turn to take my picture yet again. |
 |
| A random lady took this and I edited it to zoom in and make us off center. One of my favorite kinds of pictures is when the subjets are not centered! |
 |
| GIANT "Fishbowl" beer at Rigazzi's on the Hill at lunch. |
 |
| We actually shared one since I don't think anyone SHOULD finish it by themselves :) |
 |
| Posing in the truck at the brewery. |
 |
| After I graduated beer school I posed by the barley display since I know the difference between 2 row and 6 row! |
 |
| Dustin, the hops expert :) |
 |
| Our lovely dinner at Vin de Set. It was so good and the rooftop dining was excellent! |
1 comment:
How wonderful! Congratulations on your anniversary!
Post a Comment