So my lovely, hard working, slightly poor planning husband came home on February 12 and started ripping up our floors. We have talked in great detail about our desire to replace our hideous carpet, but I was under the impression we were going to save a little longer and then hire someone to do the work for us. Well, Dustin got a wild hair and decided to just do it himself...immediately. I have to say, I was a little skeptical when he said he could do it in 3 days, but at that point there was no going back. The project took just over a month to finish, but it was SOOOO worth it! I will post after pictures in a bit. Overall, here are the projects we undertook:
ripping out old floors in the entryway, kitchen, livingroom, and both bathrooms
painting our entryway, kitchen, livingroom, and bedroom
replacing trim in the entire house
repainting door jams upstairs
rebuilding our fireplace tile
We plan on having some sort of "re-open house" to show off the final product. It looks great and I am so proud of Dustin and our family and friends for helping us out!!
 |
| Day 1: What is under this vinyl floor? |
 |
| Living room before renovation |
 |
| Dustin working hard on ripping out the kitchen floor. |
 |
| Some of the new flooring in place |
 |
| More new flooring, but not painted or trimmed out yet |
 |
| Mimi the expert painter |
 |
| Papa painting away |
 |
| Randy testing the ladder. I think this is what put more gray in my hair and took some years off my life! |
 |
| Dustin not only did this once, but twice since the 3rd gallon of paint wasn't the same color. Fail. |
 |
| Maybe this tool will actually cut through this dang flooring! |
 |
| Kitchen under construction |
 |
| The livingroom full of junk |
 |
| New subfloor since our old one was apparently wet from some leakage. |
 |
| Looking good! Almost done with the floor! |
More pictures to come!!
1 comment:
What a transformation!! YEAH!!
Post a Comment