Red - giving something up for a day.
Green - doing a good deed.
Yellow - being kind to someone.
Orange - saying prayers in a respectful way.
Dark Purple - going to bed without a fuss.
Purple - saying "I'm sorry" when you've made a bad choice
Pink - accepting an apology from someone
White - we won't get these until Easter morning. When received, they will fill up the rest of the jar as Christ fills us up with grace.
The kids are loving this and take it seriously. I'm glad to have found a way to try to explain Lent to our kids!! (Thanks, Sarah!)
| Our fist night! They are much more full now!! |
| The Jelly Bean Prayer that goes along with the activity. |





2 comments:
I LOVE THIS! I am totally doing this next year.
our kids love this so much, too!! Jack had the mystery bag at school yesterday and really wnated to bring his jelly bean jar!! But not wanting to see glass to school, he brought a ninja...
Post a Comment