Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, July 19, 2010

She's Here!

Well, true to form, our littlest addition followed tradition and came on her own after the doctor scheduled an induction for Friday the 16th (Dustin's birthday). I wanted very badly to go into labor on my own, but I was feeling like our bundle of joy was NEVER going to get here! I went to the doctor on Tuesday, got scheduled, and went into labor early Wednesday morning (around 2:00 am). We called Aunt Lissa to come over and stay with the kids while we went to the hospital. We arrived at Alton Memorial around 5:15. When the nurse saw me she thought they were going to send us back home because (in her words) "you look to happy to be in labor." Well, I showed them! I was already at 7 cm. We were staying! We got the "good stuff" at around 7:30 and I was feeling good. Avery Josephine Riechmann made her grand entrance into the world in just enough time for the doctor to catch her! She was a whopping 8lbs and 4oz and 22in long. The length wasn't too surprising considering how much kicking I felt in my ribs up until delivery! She is perfect in every way. We are so blessed and happy to have 3 healthy children. Truly, there is no greater gift than a child. What a feeling to know that our love is so profound that we can MAKE another human from it! Here are a few hospital pics from our newest arrival...

This is me at a 9. The epidural is a good thing!


Avery Josephine

Proud Papa with his newest spawn (I say that because they ALL look like him)






What a great feeling to meet what has been inside for 10 months!

1 comment:

Jaycie and Randy said...

You know with all of that dark hair she could very well look like you!! Let hope for some defining charicteristics like eyes, and your big, beautiful smile! I think there is hope for this one (my fingers are crossed)... So glad you did it on your own and that you had another girl!!!