Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Sunday Funday

On Sunday, the weather was so beautiful we decided to take the kids out to play. We drove to Goshen Elementary, which will be Braden's school in just a few short months. The boys wanted to try out the basketball hoops while Kendall just wanted to swing (no surprise there). After some b-ball, Braden climbed around on the very cool playground equipment. Daddy was pushing Kendall in the swing and he got a little too enthusiastic. With one push he had shoved her out of the swing. She face-planted into the mulch. She was upset at first, but then she remembered she wanted to swing some more and quickly got back on...that a girl!

After a while, we left to head for home. On the way we planned to stop at the kids' daycare to feed the ducks some of our old bread. When we pulled up, the only thing swimming in the pond was a huge swan. We debated feeding it. We were about to leave for another lake/pond when we saw some geese and a few more ducks swimming toward the edge of the pond. We decided to give it a shot. Dustin, Braden, Kendall and I walked to the edge of the lake. The swan was front and center for the bread tossing. We got about 3 pieces thrown into the water when the swan decided we weren't feeding it fast enough. Realizing that Kendall was the smallest human with bread, it literally hopped out of the water and knocked her on the ground. I never imagined I would have to defend my poor baby against an EVIL swan, but I did. I pushed the horrible bird out of the way and grabbed Kendall. Braden had taken the hint and ran up the hill, losing a shoe in the process. Meanwhile, Dustin hit the swan over the head with the bag of bread and we all ran back to the van. Once inside, we checked to make sure everyone was ok. It was then that we realized the bread bag was still by the lake! As much as we hated that swan, we didn't feel the other water foul deserved to risk their lives on the bag. Dustin bravely decided to go back for the bag. After 10 minutes (no kidding) of the swan swimming back and forth in front of the bag and hissing and ruffling its feathers, Dustin grabbed the bag and ran back to the van. On the way out of the parking lot, Braden said, "Momma, that was a bad idea." I couldn't agree more! Now the whole thing seems pretty hilarious, but it was pretty scary at the time. I'm sure Kendall will be scarred for life and I don't blame her! It will be a long time before we decide to feed any more park animals!!


Swinging. Before she ate some mulch.
Shootin Hoops

Air Riechmann (notice the hoop is less than 6 feet)

1 comment:

Tori said...

Go Gators! I was seriously in tears laughing at Dustin's post about the goose! OH my goodness!